Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Ultimate Coffee Date



It's time for my first installment of The Ultimate Coffee Date! On the first Saturday of each month I'll be participating in a link up hosted by Jill at jillconyers.com, Nikki at grabyourkicks.com and Lynda at fitnessmomwinecountry.com. This is a great chance to let ya'll know what's been going on in my non-training life.

So grab a cup of jo, your coziest blanket and settle in - we've got some catching up to do!

If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....that I am so excited that fall has finally arrived here in the PacNorthwest! It has been uncharacteristically warm this summer so I am welcoming these cooler temps. Fall is my favorite time of the year by far. I get to break out the boots, scarves, scented candles, curl up with my blankets, get my football on and drive up through the Gorge for our annual fruit picking, beer tasting and romance boosting adventures.



If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....that P and I are finally sending out our Save The Date wedding magnets this weekend! We have most of the major wedding planning items taken care of (venue, catering, photographer) and are actively working on our music play list. No DJ for us - we're taking the iPod route so we can have full control of what get's played. Music is much too important to the both of us. 6-21-15 can't get here fast enough!!

If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....that I am going to attempt to make a soup recipe this weekend that is so incredibly bad for you but oh so worth it! Anyone else like the Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden? That delicious combination of Italian sausage, kale, potatoes and cream? Oh man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. P isn't that big of a fan so that means The Kid and I get to take.it.all.down! Here's the link to the recipe I'll be using. It has some pretty great reviews:  Zuppa Toscana. YUM! (I know there's a healthier version out there but we're going to indulge a little this time around)



If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....I am seriously overwhelmed with my 2015 race schedule! Deciding on what courses/distances I want to race next year is the easy part - it's coming up with all these entry fees that is killing me! And since so many races sell out within a few weeks of registration opening, I am struggling. And it's not even 2015 yet for crying out loud!! Ugh....



If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....that I am totally creeped out by those Direct TV commercials with the gorgeously amazing Rob Lowe and his nastier alter ego. You know the ones? Never aging Rob Lowe talks about all the great things he can do with his Direct TV and then the creepy Rob Lowe says the same about his basic cable? I mean, really....that's just cruel!! It is kind of hard to make Rob Lowe look ugly though...and I right?! :)

If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....since triathlon season is officially over for me, I've decided to do the Holiday Half Marathon again this December and am back in training mode. Really hoping to bring my time down to 2:10 but more importantly I need a goal to keep me active over the fall. So it's gonna be a lot of running, yoga and weights over the next 3 months. Time to get back after it.




If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....that I'm coming up on my 1 year blogiversay! Last year I had this crazy idea to start blogging about my triathlon training as a way to help keep me accountable and keep those around me sane. Too much training talk can drive even the most beloved family members crazy. So on October 7, 2013 I hit the publish button and Tri-ing The Best I Can was born! And as a thank you for all your support this last year, I will be doing a fun giveaway nest week so stay tuned!


Thanks for reading and hanging out for a few. Please head on over to our host's pages so you can discover and support the other bloggers who have linked up. We're a close family, here in the social media fitness world, and are always looking to meet new folks with the same goals.

Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you've been up to! Have a wonderful weekend!



~ Cheers, Rebecca


No comments: